Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thursday Thirteen: What I've Learned Part II



Last week I posted about what have I learned about myself since having J. This week, I'm posting about what I have learned about J . . . (written to J since I am going to transfer this into the journal that I have seriously been neglecting).

1. You love sweet potatoes. I mean LOVE them. With each and every bite you let out a grunt of pleasure that is really cute . . . unless we are at a restaurant.

2. You are a flirt. A big flirt. A huge flirt. You see a cute chick and you are all smiles. You bat your little eyes and they are putty in your hands. I'm certain there is a way I could make money off this. Mind control, maybe?

3. You only know one real word--"Cagawahacaga" (how many of you tried to pronounce this?). There are many variations, but none of them sound like "mama." Yet.

4. You have OCD. You can do the same thing over and over and over and over again. For instance. I open the little green door on your musical activity table and you MUST close it . . . over and over and over and over again. I'm pretty sure we could do that for HOURS.

5. You like squeezing things. Especially mom's chubby rolls--which are your fault, btw.

6. You definitely have my arched eyebrow, but because you have two, you look like Jack Nicholson--which makes me think you are always up to no good. And if I smell ya, you usually are.

7. People told me, warned me (it was Mr. Lady who said, "Are you prepared for the whole new level of POOP? Seriously?"). Yeah. No. I wasn't. That Diaper Champ will never be the same.

8. You actually can cop and attitude. It is a mean one . . . Mr. Grinch. You MUST have things your way, OR ELSE. Well, get this, little man . . . I'm still bigger than you!

9. Happy hour with you begins around 5. During that time, we must do all we can to keep you HAPPY. Daddy and mommy secretly begin the countdown until bedtime . . .

10. Dressing you is like dressing an Octopus on speed.

11. Changing your diaper is like dressing an Octopus on speed while avoiding the bullets of an enemy sniper.

12. You love music . . . especially the kind that daddy sings when he fluffs out his hair, grabs the broom, and rocks to some 80s tune. Which he. Did. Today. Much to mommy's dismay . . .

13. Your laugh . . . it kills me. It swells up my heart until is damn near explodes.




You bring me such joy, my little man. Happy 8th month birthday!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

51 comments:

Kristen said...

Awww......what a sweet post!

Happy 8 months to J and his Mama.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Oh the squeal laugh - they do know how to tug at the heart strings, don't they? Does he get hiccup laughs? My 6year old STILL gets the hiccups every time he belly laughs. I can't resist tickling him until he gets it though. When do you think he will outgrow it? Or outgrow letting me do it?

KEEP BELIEVING

Unknown said...

Ok, love this list and I love your blog..Too cute..Hope I remember to stop by..

Your baby is too precious!

Mines up!

Misty said...

There are few better sounds then a baby or child laughing! I. Love. It.

Kat said...

Oh his laugh is too cute! You are just so funny mumma! He has to squeal like that. Too cute!
Happy 8 months, J!

Mr Lady said...

THAT is a Thursday Thirteen. And that is one lucky baby.

JK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Holloway said...

Did you know our babies are only 2 days apart?? :) Little Spencer just turned 8 mo too.

And what a great 8 months they've been.

JK said...

Happy 8 months old, J. He is such an adorable baby.

Would you like to participate in this survey about preschool?

http://www.lovechildrenright.com/2008/04/what-do-you-expect-from-your-childs.html

tommie said...

what a sweet list...I am so glad you are writing this down for him!

Lori said...

Happy 8 months! I'm sure he will love reading this list when he's 18

Family Adventure said...

Happy 8 months little J. Your mommy is one lucky lady :)

Heidi

Jennifer said...

beautiful!! :) I love your list of 13 things.. and even more I love the video of J's laughing!! Makes me all smiley!! He is ADORABLE!!!! :)

xoxox's Jenn

Kellan said...

What a little Sweetie!! Happy 8th Month Birthday to your little cutie!!

Have a good day - Kellan

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

This is a fabulous list! You should do one for every year... it will change more than you can even imagine and you will laugh at each and every one!

Thanks for sharing with us, it brings back wonderful memories of my boys.

Momo Fali said...

If you're lucky, like me, #2 and #5 will develop into him grabbing boobs later. It took a long time to break my son of that habit!

just jamie said...

Oh my Gosh. The laugh. So sweet.

And #11 is a crack-up. Love the imagery.

Marmarbug said...

It goes too fast doesn't it! He is a cutie patooty! Oh and I have succumbed to the Thursday 13!

Momisodes said...

Oh that is the cutest clip :) I love that you're documenting all of this. What a great idea. What a sweet smile. Happy 8 months!

KG said...

Aww - happy 8 months to him.

By the way, the sweet potatos are badass . . . and so are the sweet potatos WITH apples added in! LOVE it.

McMommy said...

#5 is hilarious. I always hated it when my babies would use my rolls as a "ladder" as they tried to squirm higher up on me. Sorry...you probably didn't need my fat rolls visual.

Melissa said...

sweet thursday 13! Espesally the swelling heart. I definently know that feeling with my little one!

Anonymous said...

how thoughtful of u!! that was a great idea

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

What a beautiful post. He is sure sweet and adorable and gorgeous and... well, you know, you're his mom!

BusyDad said...

Great list! I'm sure he'll enjoy it years from now. I would crack up if my mom made one of these. And that laugh - infectious! I love it when babies are so overwhelmed with "the funny" that they can't laugh - they just scream.

Anonymous said...

Ha! We always called happy hour the witching hour when everything started to fall apart. I guess it's a universal experience.

Danielle said...

What a great idea. I love that property of mom shirt. I think evening is the witching hour of all babies! It is their grabd master plan to drive us to the brink of sanity.

Pam said...

How sweet! That was very touching and a wonderful memory! I love how you described dressing and diaper changes....I feel that way too. Only my octopus has quite a set of lungs.....unhappy lungs. The video was too cute!

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Seriously, this post makes me want to have another baby!

**not going to happen though**

Anonymous said...

I know you are watching Idol . . . could J be any cuter? Sweet post!

Anonymous said...

That change in poo is simply horrible. And, you'll soon be at the point where you beg them to shut up.

Lindsey said...

Simply precious. Happy 8 months baby J! You are growing up much too fast:)

Lori said...

That was so sweet - he will love reading it one day! I liked the octopus analogy - funny!

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

This was so sweet! And I concur on the octopus dressing - SAME HERE.

OY. VE!

RJTrue said...

This makes me happy

And sad ... :(

Miss you both mucho!

Cecily R said...

Ten and eleven made me laugh...I know how that is. Evie walks away from me now in all her buck nekked glory...stinky toddler!

Happy 8 J!!

Karen MEG said...

Lovely post... enjoy the baby in him... the little boy will come soon enough. But just so you know, that brings along it's own special joys too. And every so often, you still see that baby.

Cute video!

Mom said...

What a great keep sake for him, I only wish I had started a blog sooner.

raising4boys said...

Your list is great!! My favs are #5 and #11. Such a fun age! Watch out they will be mobile before we know it!!

MarĂ­a said...

*lol* @ 'a whole new level of poop'

Jules said...

I love the whole post but mostly the laughs at the end. I'm still smiling! Thanks.

SWC said...

I just have to tell you that I watched the video of your little guy laughing while I had my 9 month old son on my lap and the laughter was literally infectious. My son started cracking up. It was too cute!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Holy cow. Are you deliberately TRYING to make my ovaries hurt?

What a doll.

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

You will be SO glad that you wrote out all of these thoughts someday! This is such a sweet list!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I hope that you will visit on Tuesday for "Ten Things Tuesday" ~ I appreciated your excitement about the possibility of joining in this week ~ thank you so much!

Wineplz said...

I love that laugh, too...love it when babies get that crazy "aaaahhhhhh" in-between the near-hiccuping giggles!
And J does have a bit of a Jack Nicholson look about him...is, uh, that what the J stands for? ;)

Wineplz said...

oh, and he's still doing the secret sniper pee on you? wow! I would keep a permanent pile of "drop cloths" on the changing table to divert shots.

painted maypole said...

so sweet. and yes, I tried to pronounce that word.

verabear said...

So sweet! Happy big 8 months Baby J :)

Wineplz said...

p.s. I've got a little bit of bloggy bling for you at my place. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry haven't commented lately (but you know I read all the time). I adore this video. He is so perfectly cute! What a lucky mama.

R

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Don't they grow way too fast??

Photo of the Week

Photo of the Week
Two Peas
Creative Commons License

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP