Monday, March 17, 2008

A Monday Meme and Some Bloggy Love

Before I begin, I have to thank everyone for their wonderful comments on Friday's post. The support is absolutely amazing. Because of your kindness and sincerity, I felt that I could share my story and for that I am eternally grateful. And to those of you who e-mailed me about PCOS, I'll be getting back to you soon. I'll be more than happy to share my experience with you.

As for the FLUFF--I LOVE the fluff. Fluff is the fun of life and it ain't goin' anywhere--so no worries!

On to some fun stuff!

Wow! I have been awarded with not ONE, but TWO awards from Angela at Memoirs of a Chaotic Mommy! She is an amazing mom--she is an activist for children, a truly creative soul, and so incredibly kindhearted! Thanks Angela! Yippee for me. This does wonders for my little old ego . . .



I'm going to pass this on to some of my newer bloggy buddies:

Teacher Turned Mommy--Lori has one cutie and one on the way. Check out her awesome scrapbook pages.

Tulip Mom
--She is nearly to the finish line! I love reading about her experiences! She has a great 3D pick of her baby girl.

My Life as a Momma--Marmarbug really cracks me up. I know that I'll be where she is when J is 3-years-old.

Wine Please--Is this not a great title? The photos of Colleen's little ones make me melt.

The Douglas Drama--Although Lindsey is not new, I absolutely had to pass this on to her. She's been a great bloggy buddy for quite a while. I'm hoping to make a trip to Alabama just so we can grab some lunch and do some shopping :)




OK, Angela created this award for "blogs that have had me laughing so hard at times I have been in tears." Just be sure to drop Angela a line with who you awarded this to so that she knows who of you out there have a great sense of humor.

Here's my list:

Immoral Matriarch
: Oh, Maria. Her raw, real world, sarcastic, honesty with a dose of humor is what keeps me coming back.

Law School Sucks
: I dig her perspective and the fact she isn't afraid to speak her mind.

Manic Mommy: There is seldom a time when I don't laugh when visiting Manic's blog, whether she is sharing her crazy adventures misadventures or sharing her perspectives on everyday life.

My Semblance of Sanity
: From her blog header to the hairy sucker, Michelle's blog is just full of laughs!

Oh the Joys: She's a staple on many a blog roll. Read her and you'll know why. You have to check out the creepy bunny photos. They'll give you nightmares . . .

****************************************************

And now for a meme, Marmarbug from My Life as a Momma, has such a great blog. She, along with her husband "Bud" are raising their little 3-year-old cutie, "Bean." I blog hopped to her site and am so glad I did!

Here goes:
What were you doing ten years ago?
I had been married for about a year and we had just moved back to Chicago. I was finishing school and working a couple part time jobs.

What were you doing one year ago?
I was basking in the bliss and undeniable fear of being pregnant. Chances are I was grading an endless stack of papers and trying to figure out how to teach my seniors Macbeth without having THEM think murderous thoughts regarding their teacher.

Name five of your favorite snacks.
I absolutely LOVE fruit. Love it. Berries especially. Edamame (soy beans), Quaker cheddar rice cakes, cereal (a staple of our household), spoonfuls of peanut better. And finally, I have an unnatural affinity for Swedish Fish.

Name five things you would do if you were a millionaire.
1. Pay off everything!
2. Go on a trip.
3. Set up J.
4. Take care of my family and friends.
5. Give a lot away to charity.

Name five things you like doing.
1. Playing with J.
2. Date night with T (consists of a rented movie, popcorn, and curling up on the couch--love it!)
3. Watching a really good movie or my favorite TV shows.
4. Blogging--posting and reading! (I had better like it considering how much I do it!)
5. Being with family and friends.

Name five things you would never wear again.
1. A string bikini (like I ever wore one in the first place)
2. Pointed toe heels (I don't care how cute they are)
3. Daisy Dukes (Nooooooooo)
4. A thong in public-- I don't care where I am or how buff my body is (which it isn't), it ain't happening--ever. I have NEVER worn this before, I just know I won't ever . . .
5. Any tight t-shirt with words like the following: cutie, honey, baby girl/bad girl, kiss (or any variation), sexy . . . Besides, most of these words are on my son's outfits or my niece's (not sexy, of course--ewww!). Another NEVER have worn and never will.

Name your five favorite "toys".
1. My lap top
2. My coffee grinder
3. My Magic Bullet (it is a BLENDER, I swear it is . . . )
4. Ipod
5. Cell

I pass this on to any of you who'd like to share a little about yourself. Just let me know if you choose to do it so I can be sure to read it!

Jamie--I'm still working on my purse! The thing is, it has turned into a diaper bag. Wait a minute, that might be a lot more interesting than a broken earring, gum wrappers, a sticky thing I can't identify, a beat up wallet, and a really old lip gloss.

34 comments:

Kat said...

That was a fun meme! Love it!
Congrats on your much deserved awards! :)

Marmarbug said...

AWWWW! Thanks for mentioning me and for my award! LOVE IT!
You made my Monday.

Lori said...

Thank you so much for the award (and kind words, and plug and, and, and...)! I <3 UR blog 2!

Amy said...

Congrats on your awards!

How 'bout some peanut butter with that fluff!!! lol

Happy St. Patty's Day to you too!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

That was fun! I agree with on all counts for what will never be worn.

Congrats on the awards!

Wineplz said...

how sweet of you! thanks!

So tell me, are there any Shamrock Shakes at McDonalds out by you? It seems the McD's in VA are not into St. Paddy's day....

Rachel Holloway said...

Hooray! A St. Patty's day post! CUTE, very cute! And quite a post at that! :)

I am so glad to have found you--you are such a fun person to know!

Melissa said...

oh congrats on the awards and sweet of you to pass it on! Way to keep the love going!

Misty said...

No thongs in public for me either....

LunaNik said...

Ok, it's probably just my dirty mind, but "magic bullet" being on your list of favorite "toys" made me giggle ;)

Laski said...

Lunanik--my sister just said the same thing! I think I may need to clarify. But then again . . .

Pam said...

Great job with the awards and meme fun. I love reading your 'fluff'

just jamie said...

Laski, I just love ya. Congrats on the awards.

Okay, I'm going to be the kid on class who really wants to raise her hand, but is too embarrassed. See me? See me? I'm hoping you explain the >3 award thing because I just can't figure it out...

And purse, diaper bag, whatever piece of luggage you're hauling around...

:)

Nissa said...

Congrats on your well deserved awards!!

Lori said...

I'm doubting you on that bullet - ha! Thanks for the giggles with the things I'd never wear list!

tulipmom said...

Congrats on all your well-deserved awards, and thank you so very much for passing on the <3 one.

You'll never catch me wearing any of those things either.

I really need to get one of those Magic Bullet things.

Cynthia said...

Hey Chicky congrats on the bling! With such a fabulous blog, it's no surprise:)

Angela DeRossett said...

Great meme! Glad you liked the awards...you've earned them both!

OhTheJoys said...

Wow! Thank you so much!! I really appreciate it!

xo,
OTJ

Texasholly said...

That was fun. Congrats on the awards. I loved the introduction to some new blogs and have added 3 to my reader (because I have so much extra time!). Thanks.

Karen said...

Congrats on the bloggy bling! It was also so fun reading all about you and your 5 things.

Pregnantly Plump said...

What a fun meme! I love swedish fish, too! Actually, anything chewy and gummy will suit me just fine. Apparently, my taste buds didn't really mature after childhood...

Momisodes said...

Congrats on the awards! So deserving :) I loved your meme too! LOL at the MAgic Bullet. I've heard great things about that....the blender I mean ;)

Kristen said...

Congrats on your awards!! So deserving, and the meme was great to read as well.

I just jumped to read Friday's post as well (I have been going through internet detox) and think it is so great that you told everyone that story. Really glad to hear that you had such a happy ending to a scary diagnosis at 19.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the awards! You're a blogging star :)

JK said...

Congrats on your awards and I wish I had one of your toys.

OHmommy said...

Congrats on your awards.

Now i have more WONDERFUL blogs to read. :) Great list!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

You always entertain me!

Blessings, Joanne

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting here because my comment will get lost in the sea of comments from the last post (what a show of support!). It's awesome that you've reached a comfort level to share your more personal side. But I'm also glad that the fluff ain't going away! I love fluff and funnies. It's like a much-needed candy bar in the middle of a stressful day :) keep it up!

verabear said...

Well deserved awards :) I haven't known you a long time but your blog is such a homey cozy space to be at so I know you totally rock those awards!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your well deserved awards!!

PS.. your list of favorite snacks looks exactly like all the foods I would list!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the many awards!! You go girl!

ConverseMomma said...

so are you saying that my glittery thong and sex on stilettos is inappropriate attire for my Mommy and Me class, next week?

painted maypole said...

peanut butter from a spoon! yum! my favorite snack!

Photo of the Week

Photo of the Week
Two Peas
Creative Commons License

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP