Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Mix of Randomness and Sweet Potatoes

We went to MI this weekend and are preparing to head to Florida for about a week. I'm excited about all the new experiences he's about to have. The sand, the ocean, the fish, the bikini clad coeds . . . yeah, it will be spring break for a lot of students. What were we thinking? Oh well . . .

***************************************
Yet another powerful, high-profile man has been caught with his pants down. Eliot Spitzer, the governor of NY, was busted in a prostitution ring. You know, crazy as it may seem, these stories become less and less surprising. What is irritating beyond belief is that he was supposedly the crusader for morality and ethics. Hmmm . . . A lot of the pundits have been discussing his wife. She was glued to his side through all the press conferences. Glued. Do we believe that she is supporting him? I don't. I think she is buying time. I think her lawyer is on speed dial and she is just waiting for the media to calm down. I could be wrong, but it appears there is little reason to stay--she's smart, independent and their children are older. Even in her silence she does not strike me as a woman who would allow anyone to make a fool of her.

***************************************

Oooohhh. Politics is getting sticky! And so entertaining! Michigan and Florida may get a chance to vote again! Wow. I'm not so sure it would go Hillary's way, though it appears she believes it will. Oh, and what's this with Hillary saying that Barack would make an excellent running mate? OK, so this along with the Spitzer scandal is making Democrats front and center. The Republicans are sitting back and breathing a sigh of relief . . . for now.

****************************************
Do you watch The View? It drives me so nuts that I can't help but watch. They pretty much all annoy me, I can't lie. Some days I can't stand Joy (usually that is most days) because she seems so darned bitter and spews a lot of venom. Other days Whoopie seems to get on a moral high horse and can be overly condescending. Elizabeth has been labeled the great defender of the Conservative party which tends to color her comments and make her fodder for Joy and the crew. That leaves Sherri Shepherd. I like her. I wasn't so sure early on, but she seems genuinely nice and funny. I also like how she tries to remain true to her beliefs without spewing venom (like Joy). I love how she pokes fun at herself and is so honest about who she was/is.

***********************************************

Do any of you watch Beauty and the Geek? I don't, but apparently they turned the beauties into geeks. According to the AFTER shots, a geek dresses poorly (OK, that I can buy), but a geek also is overweight, has bad skin, horrific personal care habits, and it just plain unattractive. This sorta bugged me. It isn't "amusing" it is just plain irritating . . . what message does this send? OK, I'll jump off my high horse now . . .

************************************************

J is now 7 months (as of yesterday). His weight puts him in the 5th percentile, but the pediatrician said that he is developing well (He's in the 25th percentile on everything else). He is sitting well on his own. He's babbling. He's laughing. He's loving his solid food--sweet potatoes still rocks for this little guy. BUT, he is still NOT in his crib. Yeah. You heard right. We have been back and forth to MI nearly every few weeks since J was born. Our schedule is disrupted ALL the time. I'm hoping no more trips after our return from Florida. Poor guy is getting more used to his car seat than his crib!

I leave you with this little video clip. J LOVES sweet potatoes. Loves them. As for green beans . . well, you be the judge. Enjoy!

30 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

That video is so darn cute! Ahh, those were the days . . . you know, before they start talking. Talking is highly over-rated, I'll have you know.

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

That is so terribly cute! He really has a hate on for those green beans! That's okay, they are icky.
I have to say that American politics are far more interesting than anything else on tv. Lots of drama going on. I agree with your take on the wife. I love how she manages to look utterly disgusted and strong, while standing beside him.

huddtoo said...

The video is too cute! My boy is not a fan of anything green either. Has not since birth! He finally ate some snap peas a week or so ago...and he's 3! hehe

MarĂ­a said...

Sooo cute!!!


And - why do those politician wives ALWAYS stand there beside their husbands at those press conferences? Couldn't pay me to do it!

Marmarbug said...

Oh my goodness! What a little sweetheart! I love it!

Pregnantly Plump said...

That video is so funny! I love how he already knows what he likes and doesn't like.

Misty said...

Girl. The BEANS have to go......

As for Mrs-my-husband-likes-a-good-ho, I too, thought that was odd that she was a-right-there beside him......

Politics = POOH.

I hope she gets what she's owed.

Melissa said...

ha haa h! Well at least he knows what he likes! ha ha.

just jamie said...

Okay, hilarious video of baby J. Who knew a baby had such specific tastebuds?

And another scandal in politics? No way.

just jamie said...

P.S. I have a little homework for you over at my blog. :)

Danielle said...

He really hates those green beans. So funny!

Kat said...

Oh that video is so cute! Little J already has such a big personality. I love it. What a cutie!
My boys all loved sweet potatoes too.
Can I just say that if my hubby was caught in a prostitution scandal I WOULD NOT be standing beside him at the press conference. I'm sorry, but no. I don't care what the press would say. He brought it on himself. I would be OUTTIE!

Kristen said...

Great Post!

What is up with America that we have become used to politicians being corrupt or at the very least crappy to their wives?

Is it too much to ask for someone who can live up to what they promise? Maybe....

Pam said...

That video is the best! I love baby goodness...bring on some more! What is it about those sweet potatoes anyway? My son loved those too!

Amy said...

Our favorite was always the bananas!
I totally think the wife is biding her time and is going to take that ass to the cleaners!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

That video is priceless! The kid knows what he likes.

You are so in trouble for later, just so you know ;-)

Lori said...

I wonder how the wife can stand there beside him in support - how do you support that? I would be freaking out too that he brought home a disease! Where have our morals gone? It's really sad!
On better topics...Florida sounds relaxing! ha!

Amy said...

Now you sure pack a post! Nice job. You covered a lot and I like that.

Most of all, I like the video. He is just so cute!

Bad Momma said...

Cute video. I've forgotten those days! While it's nice that my boys can feed themselves, it is a lot tougher to get veggies into them!

Lindsey said...

I'm going to admit something to you and I don't want you to judge me....both girls still sleep with us. MM sleeps on a toddler bed beside our bed and baby HJ sleeps in the bed with us. What can I say? It is much easier to nurse her...ok I'm lazy.

I do watch The View and I like to listen to Whoopi and Sherri. Joy IS very bitter. You are so right.

Love the sweet little video. Little J is too cute. HJ is in the 5th percentile for her weight as well....though she is in the 49th percentile for her height. MM was even smaller.

I hope y'all have much fun on your vacation!

raising4boys said...

Happy 7 Month's J! He is soo litte!! (or my baby is soo big) so cute that he already knows what he does and doesn't like. I gave my baby peas tonight and I don't think he liked them. (what is it with green veggies?)

Anonymous said...

Ok. Cutest/funniest video EVER of a baby eating. What kills me is he that trusts you so much that he'll open his mouth every time on good faith that he'll get the sweet potatoes. And he just looks SO disappointed when it's those damn green beans! Again!

Lindsey said...

I just watched the video for the THIRD time, yes that's right. MM loved it. She even suggested that we try it out with her little sister. She's already into torturing her little sis. Should I be worried? HAHA!

Baby J is precious and adorable and really, really the cutest little boy. You've got a heartbreaker, mommy!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

So much to comment on, where does one start?

Politics are exciting right now. I am a conservative and oddly unashamed to admit it here amidst the majority-liberal blogging world, but love all that is going on regardless of the party.

Sweet potatoes rock over green beans any day. One of my boys liked both. The other - not so much. Anything green had to be disguised every 2 or 3 bites with squash or sweet potatoes or fruit. Oddly the picky baby food eater is my better eater today.

KEEP BELIEVING

painted maypole said...

why is it that politicians have yet to learn that THEY WILL GET CAUGHT WITH THEIR PANTS DOWN.

these are the smartest people we can find to run for office??

sheesh.

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

His little face is so expressive, he's just darling! I haven't dealt with baby food in a long time, but I do remember the green veggies not being a big hit. I guess they haven't improved them much! Have you tried mixing a little green bean in with the sweet potatos? Maybe you can trick him into eating the nasty things!

Lizzy

Nissa said...

For a while there, after the green beans bites, your son looked like he didn't trust what you were putting in his mouth.. :)

Anonymous said...

He really loves those sweet potatoes! What a cute baby boy! He sure has a set of lungs on him.

Politics just makes me ill these days. I have to turn away from the TV all the time. Ick.

Laski said...

Angie--don't be ashamed--I'm certain there are more conservatives out there. I'm a flaming moderate myself. *wink*

Painted--I know . . . sad that this is the cream of the crop, huh?!?

Lizzy--don't laugh at me, but I just NOW started doing that. DUH!!!

Nissa--Yeah, I guess I am already gettin' those looks. Yikes.

abby--I hear ya, politics---ICK!

Wineplz said...

J, I am TOTALLY with you on those green beans! They make me cry, too! :) And though my Gavin was born in the 90th percentile, he quickly dropped to the 20th where he's pretty much remained (not a surprise since neither hubby nor I are big and/or tall). Cooper on the otherhand, is bucking the trend (and our genes) and hangs out in the 75th percentile.

I told my hubby a few years back that if he ever cheated and publicly humiliate me, he'd find himself on the curb with only the clothes on his back.

Photo of the Week

Photo of the Week
Two Peas
Creative Commons License

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP