. . . Factoids About Me. And yes, this does count toward my "100 Things About Me Post."
1. I make up words or phrases all the time. For instance, I call J "Turkey Beans." I don't know why. I just do. Or, I'll say, "I need that bottledy boopie over there." What the heck is that? Don't know, but apparently I needed it. I think it comes from having to come up with a creative way NOT to swear (I work with kids, I was trying to set a good example, really, I was) and it has just spilled over into my every day speech. Some of my swear words include: flippity flark, shykers, pitch and bone (no comments on this one please). The list goes on. And on.
2. I have a funny way of eating bacon. I strip the fat off. It is tortuous for anyone who watches. me. Oddly, if I have bacon on a sandwich and can't see it, I can eat it, fat and all. But alone, I have to strip the fat. I know its the best part, blah, blah, blah.
3. I have a ridiculous number of "To Do" lists lying around the house. If you find a notepad or random sheet of paper around our house, chances are there is a To Do list on it. With nothing crossed off.
4. I swear that my guardian angel was a man in a top hat, with a cane, who sang "Puttin' on the Ritz." Sadly, it is the 80s version.
5. Yes, I do have a penchant for 80s music. But, not 80s fashion. However, I did try to get my bangs to do that fluffy thing. It never worked. Thank God.
6. I am now obsessed with "So You Think You Can Dance." I like it more than IDOL. I will NOT be blogging about it.
7. I have ZERO attention span. It took 15 minutes for me to go from #6 to #7. I did 101 things in between. Awe . . . the Rocking Pony had her puppies. That sounds weird, doesn't it? See what I mean . . .
8. I have an addiction to the ellipsis and exclamation mark. Forget my fashion faux pas, this is where I clearly need an intervention.
9. I am a huge procrastinator. I like to tell myself it is because I am a perfectionist and that once I start something I will become fully engrossed in it . . . thus, I tend to procrastinate. Yeah. Right. Whatever.
10. I can make one dish, yes, ONE dish really well. Chicken Tetrazini. Whenever there is a gathering or a party, be rest assured that LaskiGal will bring Chicken Tetrazini. Seriously, though, my recipe is to DIE for. You can feel the artery clogging fat surging through your body with each bite! Perfection.
11. I have a thing about numbers being rounded off. Usually to the nearest FIVE or at the very least, an even number. I often eat things in twos or fives. Asparagus--two. Chocolate Chip Cookies--five. When I buy cans of soup, I must buy them in twos. My favorite numbers all are some variation of five or have an even number in them. This OCD-ish behavior is why I can't stop at 13. I must go to 15.
12. I used to have an obsession with:
This is only half the collection. I was cleaning out the basement. Hubby thinks we should Ebay this stuff. Well, if MJ would not have been an accused pedophile, maybe I could make some money. But, now, not so sure . . . Stop laughing at me. I was a kid . . .
13. As well as an obsession with:
McDonald's Happy Meal toys. Like you didn't . . . Now these, I might be able to Ebay. Nope . . . just checked. Not worth it. Dang it . . . Why didn't I collect expensive things? Check out all the ellipsis.
14. And an obsession with this:
90s R&B music. Ridiculous, really.
15. But, now, I am obsessed with all things this:
After learning all this, hopefully, I still have your respect . . . if not, maybe I can buy it with some R & B CDs, an old Michael Jackson poster, and a Cabbage Patch McDonald's toy. I'll even throw in a few of these . . . and these !!!
* * *
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants