Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Perspective

I've been away for awhile. I have been so ambivalent of time as of late that I didn't even realize months had gone by since I last posted. Months . . . lifetimes, really.

Ear infections, Autism assessments, illnesses, periods of self-reflection, speech therapy, dirty floors, bad hair days, preschool, unshaved legs, occupational therapy . . . life.

They say the mark of a true writer is someone who writes everyday. Anywhere. Anytime. Thank goodness I never made that claim. I love to write. Sometimes. It can be cathartic. Cleansing. Freeing. But sometimes it is like picking at a scab that is not quite yet healed underneath.

Did you hear about the parents who were both diagnosed with cancer within 9 days of one another? I watched their story on the news today. Read the article. Visited the blog.

Then I remembered. This place, it isn't about JUST the writing. It isn't about just the telling of the mundane and not-so-mundane aspects of our lives. This place . . . it is full of people who have provided love, support, and encouragement to virtual strangers. It is a place where we meet, where we wrap ourselves around the stories, where tears fall in silent rooms dimly lit by the glow of a computer screen. It is the place where we make promises to be better, to do better, to go beyond what we know and who we are to do for someone else. Someone, often, we have never, ever met and may never meet.

There are reasons why I stepped away from blogging. From this place. But they are not nearly as important as the reasons I wish to come back. Outside of the dizzying number of well wishes from my blogging friends on a birthday I don't necessarily feel like celebrating, I realized I was missing something. And, I wanted it back.

Read this story if you haven't already. Nathan and Elisa are now part of a family of infinite members. A family that I am forever grateful to know.

See you soon.

18 comments:

Kat said...

I am so glad you're back. I've really missed you. I've often come to your blog here to check and make sure I haven't missed anything you wrote, even though you're in my reader. :)
I'm not sure I can read that link just yet. I'm emotional enough as it is. Maybe later.
Welcome back!

Unknown said...

Welcome home.

Burgh Baby said...

I've missed you.

Cyndy Bush said...

Ok first of all...I just read about the Bonds on another blog, then clicked on yours and you posted about them too. I'm not one to look for signs in everything, but that's got to be a sign of some sort.
Anyway, so glad you're taking your blog back. The support system can be wonderful. We just did the March of Dimes and $90 of what we raised came from blog friends, people I've never even seen in person. That blows my mind!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

I love it when I see you pop up in my Reader. My personal feeling about a blog is that it can give you something you may not get in other parts of your life. Support for sure!

What a story that is--I hadn't seen it yet. What a tragedy.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Well, shoot. Did I miss your birthday?!? Happy day, girly. Happy, happy birthday to you.

Missed your blog. Hope you're back to stay for a while.

Tara R. said...

I was so happy to see your name in my Reader. You've been missed.

I understand what you mean about finding support and encouragement This community has been a lifeline for me many times.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

I have missed you and this all applies to me as well. I have kind of given up on blogging and I miss it.

I miss the act of writing and more importantly the connections that blogging brings.

I will if you will. Deal?

Happy Birthday but I am very sorry to hear you didn't feel like celebrating it....

April said...

So good to hear from you.

painted maypole said...

a friend of mine from college is friends with that couple.

but yes, there is a community here. I stepped away for a while, too. i'm not good at sharing the dark stuff, and these past months have been dark.

it sounds like they have been dark for you, too.

sending all the love and light I can muster...

Kaycee said...

SO glad you're back. We missed you!!!!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I feel the same way about blogging. Thinking of you and your family as you go through these waters.

Unknown said...

Find time to check Talk to Chef and start your culinary chat with chefs arpund the world.

Cheap Website Installer said...

So glad to read this article from my country side home town.

Đồ gia dụng said...

https://www.ohay.tv/view/phai-lam-gi-khi-may-tinh-de-ban-khong-khoi-dong/LivuilUysI
https://medium.com/p/4cb14d357479/edit
https://maytinhdeban.hatenablog.com/entry/2020/09/10/165138?_ga=2.169050850.2103401256.1599724301-69661996.1599724301

Đồ gia dụng said...

http://www.catloc.vn/threads/115467-mua-may-tinh-de-ban-cho-van-phong-nen-chon-loai-nao.html#post148788
http://penetron.vn/threads/157648-goi-y-cach-chon-may-tinh-de-ban-cho-van-phong.html#post159047
http://phimbomtan.edu.vn/threads/95994-May-tinh-de-ban-cho-van-phong-nen-chon-loai-nao.html#post118681
http://pcwebgames.net/threads/127435-Mot-vai-luu-y-khong-the-bo-qua-khi-chon-may-tinh-de-ban-danh-cho-van-phong.html#post505851
http://raonhanh.com.vn/threads/178298-gioi-van-phong-nen-chon-may-tinh-de-ban-loai-nao.html#post180443
http://tours.bpsc.vn/threads/116928-dung-bo-qua-nhung-luu-y-sau-khi-chon-may-tinh-de-ban.html#post116927
http://vangnutrang.com.vn/threads/155379-tieu-chi-can-nho-khi-chon-may-tinh-de-ban-cho-van-phong.html#post155579
http://fiboweb.vn/threads/149618-may-tinh-de-ban-cho-van-phong-nen-chon-cau-hinh-nhu-the-nao.html#post150887

Buồn thế said...

Thú vị lắm anh

cửa lưới dạng xếp

cửa lưới chống muỗi

lưới chống chuột

cửa lưới chống muỗi hà nội

đá đẹp said...

I sometimes visit your blog, find them useful and help me learn a lot, here are some of my blogs you can refer to to support me
bài thơ viết về mưa ngâu
tờ rơi hà nội
game đánh bài sâm
top game nổ hũ hay
tượng phật đá tại bến tre
cavet xe ô tô

Photo of the Week

Photo of the Week
Two Peas
Creative Commons License

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP